I reeeeeally need to get some things done. How do I keep my toddler quiet, asleep, or entertained? plz help

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 5:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• How old is your toddler? I ask because you could try to get things done with their "help". Like when I was trying to do the dishes I'd give my son the plastic things to dry... sure I had to finish the job because he wasn't an expert at drying them, but it kept him entertained and the dishes got done. Or if I was doing laundry he would "help" fold the same 2-3 towels over and over until I was finished then I'd thank him for helping. I would make a game out of vacuuming the house, joke about trying to vacuum his toes. He thought it was hilarious to run from me so he was always in my eye shot and the house got vacuumed. If your trying to pay bills or do something your toddler just absolutely can not partake in try doing it during nap time or gating your toddler into a specific room with toys. For my son I would put the gate up in his doorway blocking him into his room where he could play and watch movies but not break things.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 5:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Bring him/her over to my house. I'll babysit.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• i get things done while ds takes his naps. my son will play by himself or watch tv as long as he can still see me while i clean, do laundry , etc.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 5:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• try a snack, a sippy cup of their favorite juice and a movie that they like that is long enough to let you do what you need to but short enough to keep their attention.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Do you mean at home? Or while you're out doing errands?

If you mean at home:

What I do with my almost-8-month-old (may not work with your son though), I either put her in her walker or lay her in the floor with a ton of toys all around her so she doesn't get bored too quickly. Of course I can't leave the room for more than a few seconds, because she can scooch across the room now. Is his bedroom baby proofed? You could put him in his room with a baby gate in the door, or lay a chair sideways across the door if you don't have a gate, and he doesn't climb yet. Just put up everything that he doesn't need to get into, and put a bunch of toys down at his level. It should (hopefully) keep him entertained for an hour or two, so you can get some stuff done.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2009