I think my sister in law n her hubby are ripping off my other sister in law!

I feel bad. She is 21 and in the army in kosovo. She helps everyone financially and has the biggest heart. Well she is looking into buying her own car. She is one of my best friends. She will have a good 25k saved when she gets back. Well my other sister in law and her hubby are careless with money and to put it the nicest way possible scums in my eyes. They are trying to sell her a green honda civic dx for 5k. She is gulable and I dont want her to be foolish. It was my sister in laws hubbys mom who died last year and before that a previous owner. This is the ripping off part. The husbands a mechanic and I believe they did something with the mileage because they are telling her the car only has 18k on it. What do you think?

NIKKIANDYBABY

Asked by NIKKIANDYBABY at 5:38 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think that you should talk her into shopping around. I don't think that it's a good idea to buy things like that from family. It's hard to believe that the car only has 18K on it.
    jackiec7707

Answer by jackiec7707 at 5:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I would tell her she needs to get her own mechanic to check out the car, and she needs to do her homework and research the car. Family or not..
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 5:42 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Yes I want to tell her to at least get a carfax report but I dont want to stir up drama. I just want her to be aware someone could have done something with the mileage!
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 5:45 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• She needs to go to a reputable car dealer to buy a car.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• what year is it?
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 5:49 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• its a 200 civic honda dx
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 5:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• 2000 i mean
    NIKKIANDYBABY

• They are ripping her off don't let her do it tell her to get a brand new car then she doesn't have to worry about it falling apart and then she is out of 5k and tell her to look at cars and buy something she wants.
    FranklinsMommy

Answer by FranklinsMommy at 5:57 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• i wouldn't pay $5000 for a 2000 civic dx even if it did only have 18,000 miles on it. 5,000 is like the TOP PRICE that kelly blue book says for that car in excellent condition. especially cuz they're family. that's pretty shitty of them. they should atleast drop it down to 4,000. and yeah i would have an independant mechanic look at it to make sure there aren't any major problems that he isnt telling her about.
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 6:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• i know they are shittty...the main thing i think is the husband who works on cars changed the spedomitor which is illegal
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 6:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2009