Are there really towns like Starshollow (sp?) ?

From Gilmore Girls.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm not sure, but where ever they film Bones is Gorgeous is would move there in a second.
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 6:09 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Of course there are.

I'm guessing that you mean the small, picturesqe town where everyone knows everyone.

Except for maybe the picturesqe part, I grew up in one of those towns. I suppose it's cute in it's own way, but parts of it haven't been restored, parts have.

We have a get together every year where the entire community comes out. There's crafts to buy and great food to eat, a carousel for the kids and a talent contest.

There is NOTHING better than a small town.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 6:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Oh and I forgot about the parade. The morning of Community Days (or Old Fashioned Days, depending on what you want to call it) there's a parade where kids can dress up and walk in it, girl scout troops have floats, so do a lot of clubs at the school, the local National Guard or Recruiting Station usually carries the colors, and of course there are horses.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 6:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I went to college in one. Due West, SC. You had to go outside the Town Limit to change your mind...not that change was encouraged. :O)
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 6:44 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Yup, where I live! We have a town square with the Courthouse in the middle of the Square, and around the square is any thing you need. We've only got about 3 restaurants (a DQ, Mexican, and a cafe). And little Mom & Pop stores here and there. Everybody knows everybody (except no one really knows us because we just moved here a couple months ago). There are no franchises here except for DQ and it's one of the old ones. And this town successfully kept Walmart out! :D Everything else is privately owned. I'm not really sure what you were asking, but I think where I live closely resembles Stars Hollow. You could walk the town if you wanted to. Everything is within walking distance. I only drive the car because I have a baby and it's HOT right now.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 6:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• YES we have an Americus and other names like Starshollow in the state I live in !
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 8:00 PM on Aug. 20, 2009