Why is Profit a Bad Word?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Obama and the dems said so
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Because if you profit from something then that makes you better than someone else and we must all be equal so therefore profit is bad... or something lame like that.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• LOL I know I rely on it - my employers has some and I see a trickle down of it - if I have some I save more, spend more and worry less.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 6:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Well to Democrats it is. So is wealthy, responsible, self reliant and not on welfare.lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Depends on whose expense it's at.

A business is expected to make a profit. In almost all cases, I don't have a problem with anyone making a profit.

But there are companies who exploit people's need for things in order to make as much money as they can.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 6:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• You mean like what will happen if cap and trade passes calvary?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Profit is not a bad word. One must make a profit in order to pay into the tax system, yes? If there were a negative income....there would be no paying in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Exactly, anon. Things like electricity and water are NEEDS in this day and age. It's wrong to exploit those needs just to get more money. It's greedy.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 6:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Depends on whose expense it's at.

Exactly!

In the hc industry profits mean eliminating (from the books) those that cost $$$. Remember granny, that so many are worried will be on the government"s, "death list?" Well, she will cut into a Insurance Co profits, and thus her coverage would be among the first eliminated-

But that's ok, because she needs to be Independent and figure it out for herself. Maybe get a job (or 2) as a WM greeter, right?.................
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:31 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• She can go work at Whole Foods. They like profit and capitalism. That's why all the psycho libs are boycotting them now ;)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2009