High Blood Pressure

I went to my OB Dr. yesterday and my blood pressure was high, and i had protein in my pee. Today i went for an ultrasound and my blood pressure was still high. The Dr. told me to call if i started getting a headache or anything. I have the worst possible headache and its even hurting my ears. My shoulders have a sharp pain in them and i cant stand to move them. My face feels really hot, and i feel dizzy....What should i do?

CandyMama231

Asked by CandyMama231 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ALL YOUR DR!!!!! Not in a minute....NOW!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Call your doctor, like he told you to...
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 6:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• WTF are you ignoring your doctor's advice for? Hopefully you're already on your way to the doc or hospital. Cafemom is the LAST place to be asking this question. The absolute first should have been your doctor.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Im waiting for a Dr. to call me back.........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Your doctor told you what to do, I suggest listening to that advice. If it's preeclampsia (which it sounds like) you're endangering yourself & your baby if you just sit around waiting for it to stop.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 7:03 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• If your doctor is not in, go to urgent care or the ER. One of the first things on my list of reasons to go to the ER is if I have a combination high BP & a headache, or a headache that causes neck stiffness.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 7:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• BTW the anon 7:01 is me
    CandyMama231

Answer by CandyMama231 at 7:05 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Please go to the ER I didn't listen with my 1st child and almost died! I am not trying to scare you but this is soooo serious .
    littlemommy81

Answer by littlemommy81 at 7:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• It is VERY serious! Head to your doctor's or the ER NOW!! Don't wait for the doctor to call back, because s/he's just going to tell you the same thing. It can escalate to a seizure really fast and you don't want to go there. GO!
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 8:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2009