What has the Government ever produced that was good?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Commodity cheese
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Nuh uh, that stuff's a b*tch to slice
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• The gov't has produced several good things. Social Security, welfare, head start, medicaid, food regulations, water regulations, freedom, de-regulation of monopolies, etc.

The problem isn't that the government hasn't produced anything good. The problem is when the people start taking advantage of the things put in place. And when the people in office become corrupt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• before anyone says welfare is bad let me say that no one was ever intended to live on welfare permanently... citizens taking advantage. But also, congressmen weren't meant to make it a career, some govt corruption.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Food, Money, Healthcare, Housing. Life is good. I get 600 month of fs for a family of 6. $800 in rent. $550 a month in cash and medical. The corporate people are taking advantage of tax money, why shouldn't I?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• The corporate people are taking advantage of tax money, why shouldn't I?

They at least are working unlike you who sits on your butt growing it day by day on the governments dime. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• 5:50 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 by: Anonymous
    _____________
    Wow. just wow openly admitting to welfare fraud! What gull! do either of you work?
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 6:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• No, its not fraud. And i have free gym membership with medicaid so i work out everyday. Not fat. Gotta stay fit for the walk to the welfare office lol. Anyway I dont work , why should i when i have the government taking care of me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• the issue I have is the government rarely produces anything for the right reason. This is why everything is corrupt. Nothing is truly created with the sole purpose of helping. There is always some backdoor hidden agenda.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 6:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• i think the anon. at 6:56 is full of it, and people on PA would never say that. i was going to say government cheese. but seriously, do you like your libraries, fire stations, EMT, health dept, schools, ROADS, retirement, police, the fact that kids have to get a licence to drive... it goes on but i will stop there, i am as mistrusting of the gov as anyone, but that doesnt mean i dont appreciate what they provide, that essentially make the difference between a first and third world country.

AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 6:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2009