how can i do this

my doc wants me to gain ten pounds in two weeks because im 15 weeks and im still 130 with is what i was when i went it to see him when i was six weeks and i can not eat it is to hot if i do not gain the waight im being put on compleat bed rest what to do

newmom461

Asked by newmom461 at 6:47 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• carb load and drink ensure
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Enjoy! LOL. I know, sometimes especially in the beginning it can be hard to eat. Try drinks. Ensure is suppose to be a good one, milkshakes are always nice (though sometimes milk + heat + nausia don't mix well), or a big protein-enriched smoothie (like the jamba juice ones where you add the protein as well). Good luck mama!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 7:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I have never heard of a doc telling you that you need to gain weight that early in pregnancy, especially not that much weight. I would just disregard it! I didnt gain a single pound in any of my pregnancies and the doc never told me I needed to!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:11 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I only gained 15 pounds total with my 3rd pregnancy. The most i gained was 18pounds and that was with my first born. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I don't know too many people who gain a lot of weight early in pregnancy unless they were wayyyy overeating.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Avocados, nuts, milkshakes.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I am with Jaydin Makenna on this, your doctor should be telling you to gain weight this early especially that much. I know I am 28 weeks and have fluctuated a few pounds here or there from my prepregnancy weight which was 120. I would disregard what he said or maybe find another doctor in my opinion.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 2:03 AM on Aug. 21, 2009