Parents with 2 year olds....Have you got their vision checked yet?

I have no reason to get my sons vision checked but I read that I should. Have you done it, what is the appt. like and will a 2 year old sit through it? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Health

• U should do it by 1st bday, believe it or not. Try and find someone from this listing as they're SO great with kids. www.infantsee.com
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:49 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I took my daughter at 18 months.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 7:08 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• my son was born with an issue with his eye (basically he looks like he has a lazy eye but its not lazy. theres a whole other story) anyway, andy has been seen by an opthomologist several times a year since he was 6 months. he will be 3 in november. he does not like it but it is getting easier. he used to cry and fight but as he is getting use to it, he is more willing to tolerate it.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• No! My son can barely make it through a well-child exam (it requires me, the doc, and a nurse to hold him down just for vitals) so I cannot even imagine taking him to any kind of specialty doctor like a dentist or optometrist yet. He'll be three next month and he is becoming more understanding of things at a quicker pace so I'm thinking he'll get all those kinds of checkups sometime during his third year. For us, two is just too young.
    tangyh

Answer by tangyh at 9:40 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Around here the eye doctors won't see them until they are 3 unless there is a reason that they need to, like if you notice your kid having trouble seeing or if it comes up in a well visit
    dcdmattison03

Answer by dcdmattison03 at 10:00 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• The health dept. reccomends having their vision checked at birth(which the hospital does of course),then at age 3,then once a year after age 3-unless there is a problem or concern! Alot of the eye doctors ive talked to say they dont see kids until there 4 or 5 and getting ready to enter school...the health department is the only place so far that checks them at 3 in my area that im aware of...
    dakotasmommy06

Answer by dakotasmommy06 at 10:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2009