my 7 month old is way too attached

I'm a stay at hm mom and my baby is soooo attached that she wont allow me to be even a few feet away from her. Its hard for me to cook, clean or even shower. Today i even placed her seat infr0ont of the bathroom where she can see me while i finished showering, she cried so hard to the point where she was gagging, i need help. She does not go to my husband nor other relatives either.

Imans_mommy

Asked by Imans_mommy at 7:11 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Here's the good news. She's completely normal. This is the age of separation anxiety.

This may help, even though it's written for a younger baby.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• My first was so much like that! It really took a toll on me, especially since she didn't even like daddy for a long time. But she grew out of it, and is now really independant, it's almost scary. Anyway, why don't you bring your baby in the shower with you with a few toys? For me, it was a lifesaver. She was used to the routien of sitting and playing while I showered, and learned not to be afraid of the water at the same time. In addition, I got a nice long shower, with completely shaven legs! Then I didn't have to bathe her later either. It worked out great.
    squish

Answer by squish at 9:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2009