What part of THE COUNTRY IS BROKE! don't people understand?

This is for those of you who so strongly favor UHC.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 7:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Those who don't understand probably are broke themselves in a lot of cases. What the government does is what they do in their everyday life so it's not something scary and unknown. OR it could be they're the ones who are benefiting from the companies that are getting a lot of the money so, the country going broke means more money in their pockets. Either way it is messed up to feel that having little to no money means spending a ton of money is going to fix the issue. BUDGETING what we have would be the wisest thing to do.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 7:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• They simply do not care carpy not at all they just want what they want and now..eventhough it would not even take effect until 2013 (whats that about hmm?) ..no matter they want it so they must have it regardless of anything else.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Veruca Salt in 2012
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Amen.....but if you listen to Obama ANY HC bill he passes Will NOT add to the deficit....yeaaaaaaaaaahh, Cash for Clunkers was in place 2 weeks and they had to vote in MORE money for it, want to guess how long THAT promise will REALLY hold water?!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• How many ppl have posted to this forum stating they want UHC only?

How many are for reform of our current sytem? Does being for reform of a broken system automatically make you a socialist verging on living in the gutter?

Sorry to burst your bubble ladies, neither poor nor struggling here. My houses (yes, I own more than 1 ) are in order, and my kids are independent college and grad school students.

If caring about ppl who may not have the exact advantages that I have makes be a villian (and what other adjectives) you'd love to inject, so be it.

TN- give it up on ppl only wanting what they want......
    .
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:44 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• err sister and yet AGAIN you divert from oh idk..that ALOT of us want a reform just not THIS reform.What makes you seem 'socialist' is that there seems to be no other way with you and some others other then GOVERNMENT control
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:47 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• and no I wont 'give it up' as I found out today (and already knew) there are ladies here who do not care wth this admin does as long as they get their 'free' health care.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:49 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• And again sisteract, you fail to comprehend.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:57 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• So do you OP!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I am thinking it's the BROKE part.

I mean, when you are broke, don't you just whip out a credit card? Duh *sarcasm*.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2009