is 19 too young to have a baby???????

what is your thoughts on it?

bmdred

Asked by bmdred at 7:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• In all honesty, I think it's just a tad too young to TTC a baby. If you accidentally get pregnant like I did, and then choose to keep and raise the baby, that's a totally different thing.

But hey, everyone's different.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I agree with the above. Why not live life for a while and do the things you've always wanted to do? Once you have a child, you have little freedom for literally YEARS.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I'm 19 and pregnant with my first! I've always wanted to have a baby at a younger age(18-23) I personally think 19 is a good age if your prepared.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 7:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I don't think it is too young. I think that age is nothing but a number....that it's all about the maturity level. I know women that got pregnant in high school and still walked, with honors, across the stage at graduation. It all depends on you. I disagree with the mentality of having a baby for something/someone to love, or to love them....just remember, a baby isn't always a baby. They grow up to be members of the society, and it is your job, as the mother to help mold them to be the best version of themselves that they can be. If you're not ready, wait.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 7:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• If you are not already pregnant, live first.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 7:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• If you are already pregnant, then NO. If you are not already pregnant, then YES.
    addieanne

Answer by addieanne at 7:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• That's a purely individual decision. For ME, it's too young. For ME, 29 was too young. I wasn't ready for parenthood until my mid-30s.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I had my 1st at 21 & had wanted a baby since I got my first doll. I had my 2nd at 28 & 3rd at 30. I can honestly say now that I have more experience that 19 is probably too young if you have a choice. My mom had me at 17. She thinks she was more mature at 17 than most people in their 30's. The truth is, she wasn't . I remember things she said & did when I was a child, & it wasn't until I was older that I realized it had nothing to do with me, she was just a child herself trying to raise a child. She was responsible, she watched me, fed me, kept the house clean.....but she was still very young to raise a child.

You also don't realize what the responsibilities are and how much having time to earn a better living, have a better education, & have your life really on track will make a difference until your child starts getting older.

If you have a choice, wait. If not, you can be a good mother, just be aware of your choices.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:35 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• i think when you can afford a roof over your head a steady income a way of transportation , but i mean if your in college id say finish that first! get yourself some steady roots then have a baby
    onefinenursemom

Answer by onefinenursemom at 7:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I had my first when I was 19. I'm not gonna lie, it was difficult and I do wish I could have waited a year or two. I absolutely love my daughter and wouldn't change it for anything. I just wish my husband and I could have had time with just us at first. But hey, we will have the kids outta the house sooner. lol
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 7:42 PM on Aug. 20, 2009