Has anyone used the cry it out method on a 11 month old?

Should I wait til my LO is over 12 months old and drinking something besides breastmilk to do this? Is it possible to let her cio in her crib when her crib is beside my bed? did this work for anyone?

bluerose26

Asked by bluerose26 at 7:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• we started cio around 6 montsh the best technique is to go in and comfort the child every five minutes till she falls asleep you may find it difficult to have her cio if her crib is right by your bed (and your in it) for us being in teh room while he is crying it out feeds the cycle and makes him cry harder we check on him adn comfort him but he definitely has his own space
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 7:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I would think it may be harder if the bed is in your room. I did CIO with my daughters...one at 13 mos the other at 12mos. As long as you are consistant it does work! Now at first I do breast feed them every few hours for comfort at night and graudally reduce it. Like 2-3 times at the most but by the end of 5 days only once.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 9:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• We did with my son. We bought the book Solve your child's sleep problems by Ferber. And it has a method to use as well as what to do if a child is cosellping or in the same room.
    It worked great with my son and almost no crying! The key is changing your routine and then there is very little crying!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I did my son at 9 months and it worked great it took about a week its hard but worth it its harder on you I think than it is on them thats what my pediatrician told me
    MoMMyto2971

Answer by MoMMyto2971 at 9:06 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• We probably started around 6 months with our little ones. Here is what our peditrician recommended and it has worked great for us. If you know that all of the child's needs are met, let him/her cry for 15 min. Then go in and comfort them. This gives them a chance to comfort themselves but also gives you a time frame so you know you aren't going to be sitting there forever listening to your little one cry. If it is the type of cry where they obviously need something, go in right away.
    mupt02

Answer by mupt02 at 11:04 AM on Aug. 21, 2009