OMG! Is this normal?

I am 37 1/2 weeks pregnant. My ankles are swollen. I know swollen ankles this far along is normal. What is the crazy, weird, gross part is that I pushed on my ankle and it left an imprint! It took about 30 seconds for it to go back out! What is that about???? Also I have only had little swelling in my feet and ankles but this morning when I woke up they are HUGE compared to normal. What is that about? Should I call my doctor about it?

MizAnn

Asked by MizAnn at 7:39 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would call just to be on the safe side
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• It is called pitting edema and it CAN be normal, I would call your Dr just to be on the safe side, if you have had no other issues, high BP, protein in urine etc, it might be nothing, but I like to weigh on the side of safety...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• yeah. call your doc. sometimes is a sign of highblood pressure
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Call your doc. You might be developing a condition called preeclampsia, which is associated with heavy swelling and high blood pressure.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 7:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• It could be preclampsia - I'd call and get your blood pressure checked to be safe.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 8:00 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I had preeclampsia with my first and they have been checking my BP every time. Could it develope or show up that quickly?
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 8:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• my ankels do the same thing, they swell up huge and i can pucha finge n them and it wil stay for alot logr then 30 seconds. i neer did this befor with any of my kds r even this one til this point but my ob says is normal...
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 9:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• yeah it can show up pretty quickly. blood pressure can shoot up or plummet down drastically in a brief period of time. just to be safe, you should call your doc
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 10:45 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• No need to panic, it's normal. It's just because the heaviness and the pressure of the baby is overwhleming your body. It will go away once you have the baby
    BuzyMamma

Answer by BuzyMamma at 12:26 AM on Aug. 21, 2009