lost....

So I've been in a relationship for 6mo. now with the person who has been my best friend for 4 years. We were so comfortable that we just jumped on into and started bringing my son and his two kids together all the time. Now he tells me he's not sure his feelings are as strong as they should be, and he feels that he doesn't know who we are as a couple because its always us and the kids. We've decided to take a step backward and only spend one on one time together. I saw him today after 3 days apart and when I was leaving said he didn't think he should kiss me because he's been sick... which he has... but really? I'm a nurse. I see sick people all the time... I guess what I want to ask is... have you ever had a period in a relatioship where you were lost and confused and questioning it, but in the end it was the best thing that ever happened? bottom line I need him in my life and don't know what to do...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• you need to tell him how you feel ya know yall have been friends for so long that yall dont know how to be in a relationship. and since yall have been together only 6 months let it be known that you would much rather have him as your best friend then go through a long relationship and yall hate each in the end. so either yall can try and make things work or just go back to being friends before its too late for that.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 7:49 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• accept the relationship as it is and take it one day at a time so you don't try to push him into something that might end up making him go away

Answer by admckenzie at 8:43 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Go with admckenzie's advice, and get to know him as a couple. Don't freak out about it, and take it one day at a time.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• It sounds like he has already backed out of the relationship.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• life is too short to end up hating the ones you love.... that being said i agree you should tell him you would rather have him in your life as a friend then not at all and if you guys drag things out it may end badly i wouldnt say you want to end things just you would rather have him end it then drag it out if thats what he wants, it kind of sounds to me like he wants out but inst sure how to get out without hurting you and losing the friendship..... sometimes when we jump in to things with someone we have known for so long we skip key dating points because we already know the person maybe you could try going back to DATING where it isnt a known fact that you guys are going to hang out at certain times but instead there is a phone call to make plans and then its dinner and movie or something not just hanging out watching tv
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 3:20 AM on Aug. 21, 2009