Should birth control be free?

Should birth control be free? Why or why not?

CooksWife

Asked by CooksWife at 7:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I thought it was free. You can get condoms at the health dept or even in the schools (rolls eyes) and I think that if youre under a certain income level you can get free BC pills at the HD. Thats just what Ive heard, not something I actually KNOW>
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Yes, it should. But look out, here comes the hypocrisy from the conservatives right............about...........now.........

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• some forms are frree like condoms... you can get those at planned parenthood for free schools carry them... but other things like the IUD or the shot i dont think should be free. condoms yes, and they are.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:55 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• yep they are free if low income and thats how it should be.. planned parenthood? when i was young in h.s. and that i got it for free and if you can't afford b.c. cant afford kids.. and there for thats why it is free for low income
    onefinenursemom

Answer by onefinenursemom at 7:57 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• OMG, why would conservatives begrude BC being free?? I mean, we're tired of supporting all those kids the "other side" keeps having. Im all for BC being free.

**note to self...watch for flying darts at my head**
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Absolutely!! Birth control should be FREE!!

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Just curious, should all forms of BC be free? I guess I can't see the wisdom of offering any BC for free. Some are more expensive then others. I realize some work better than others for different people, but based on cost, I don't think all BC should be free.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:03 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• You can't see the wisdom of free birth control? Can you see the wisdom of charging out the butt for birth control that most younger people can't afford and they have children and live on welfare?

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:07 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Everything should be free. We should just give all of our check to the gov and they can provide us our basic needs.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Sorry, I typed the wrong words! I can't see the wisdom of offering EVERY form of BC for free!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2009