have anyone ever tried "my baby can read" program???

i think the commericals are not as correct as they say but i mean its good if it can work i maybe wanna try it but i keep getting that voice in my head like naggin me that its only a informmical lolz but has anyone tried this and worked???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• All that program involves is having the children memorize words, commonly called site words or wall words. They are not really reading but memorizing words. I wouldn't use it for any reason, I think kids should be kids and not pushed to read at 2 years old. They will learn that and so much more soon enough. Let them be kids and have fun before their childhood disappears in an academic mess.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:38 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• anon.. that has been asked A LOT here is the link on cafe mom to all the questions regarding it
    http://www.cafemom.com/answers/search.php?keyword=my+baby+can+read&submit=Search
    onefinenursemom

Answer by onefinenursemom at 7:55 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• My DS was reading at 2! And I never used that program! lol He is just a "natural" reader!!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:29 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I disagree with this program greatly. It's memorization, teach your child phonics and they will be able to read anything.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 10:36 PM on Aug. 20, 2009