has anyone tried the program "my baby can read'?????

i think the commericals are not as correct as they say but i mean its good if it can work i maybe wanna try it but i keep getting that voice in my head like naggin me that its only a informmical lolz but has anyone tried this and worked???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Nothing personal. but im soooo tired of hearing about this "program".... whats the point of having your baby read anyways? the program teaches memorization of THE WORD.. your child will be able to recognize only that WORD. its important to understand phonics! without it your child will never be able to honestly read a book... its important to be able to sound out individual letters to make a word! Read a book called Einstein never used flash cards... It will change the way you teach your children. also look into Into the mind of babes its a book about TV & kids & their brain..

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• i think that it looks like a bunch of crap
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/answers/search.php?keyword=my+baby+can+read&submit=Search
    link to ALL the my baby can read questions..
    onefinenursemom

Answer by onefinenursemom at 7:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I have never understood the desire to push babies into growing up so fast! Why in the world do babies need to learn to read before they can even speak? Studies show that even if you teach your kids to "read" at an early age, they don't have the ability to comprehend the meaning of the words they are "reading", so they are really just memorizing letters and sounds. Also, they eventually even out with all the other children which means they are no more ahead in the long run than they would have been to just learn to read at the appropriate age. I say, let babies be babies, they grow up fast enough as it is...

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 8:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2009