what time would you put a 2 1/2 month old to sleep? and what is considered "sleeping through the night" (how many hours)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• at least 5 hours sleeping straight is considered sleeping through the night. a 2 1/2 month old doesnt really have a bed time its more like they fall asleep when they fall asleep. you cant get them on a schedule that young.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:09 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• my little guy is 11 weeks old now. Since mid July he's been sleeping from 11:30/12:00ish to 7:30 am so I'd consider that through the night.
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 8:10 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• and mine actually is on a feeding sleeping schedule...
    amw529

• I would put my kids to bed at their evening feeding - anytime between 7 and 9 p.m. I usually nursed when we went to bed around 11 p.m. If they slept until 5 a.m. I considered that sleeping through the night!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:17 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• From the time my son was born, he was on a 4 hour feeding schedule but sleeping was when he wanted. He learned his feeding schedule and he woke up when he got hungry. At three weeks old, he slept from midnight until almost 9 am. How? I will never know. I woke up and freaked out because it was 6:30am and still no crying. I went and checked on him and he was still breathing, I think I was scared of SIDS, terrified that I had lost my son. So when I realized he was still safe and sound, I let him sleep and that was the best sleep I'd had in months because for the last 2 months I was prego, I had insomnia. But after that he was sleeping from midnight until around 8am when he would wake up for morning bottle and I would start getting ready for work after taking care of him.
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 8:31 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• my 2 12 month old goes to bed between 10:30-11:30 and gets up to nurse around 5am and then goes back to sleep until around 8. I consider this sleeping thru the night....I still feel like I get a full night of sleep (she only nurses for 10 mins at 5am)
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:52 PM on Aug. 20, 2009