does my supply go down when Im sick?

I have been really sick the past two days a fever of 103.4 and I noticed that my milk seems to have dried up a little is this becuase I'm sick?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you still able to feed every 2 to 3 hours. If not, then that may be contributing to the decrease in supply. I don't know if being sick will decrease milk. I am so sorry to hear that you are so ill. I hope you have someone there helping you at least during the day. I know when i was sick i didn't have anyone and it seemed like it took all my strength to even sit up, but i had to. The only thing that kept me going was knowing there was an end to it all. I hope you feel better. My supply did not decreas while i was ill, but i never had a really high fever like you. Are you trying to drink fluids? Try to if you can:)
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• It can. Make sure you drink more water! It will go back up when you start feeling better. Your baby may need to nurse more often to get what she is used to (if it has dropped).
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I put him to breast every hour or so just to hopefully keep my milk up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Illness can impact supply, but it's temporary.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:36 AM on Aug. 21, 2009