best way to lose weight while breast feeding?

have u ever dieted while breastfeeding? did it work for u? how did u do it?

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 8:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• breastfeed breatsfeed BREASTFEED!!! lol
    i just ate healthy and walked around with ym daughter in her stroller everyday. and at 4 1/2 months i was back down to what i was before i got pregnant.

some people think a diet is not eating much and will kncok you for wanting to diet while breastfeeding but you can do it and do it in a healthy way. like, eating lots of veggies and fruits and good food and exercising. but that is what you should do anyway.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I didn't diet while breastfeeding. Breast Milk is naturally low in calories, you need all those calories for breast-milk. Unless of course you are talking about cutting out junk food and eating healthier.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Be careful, dieting can hurt your BM- not only the supply but its benefits.. Try eating healthier & fuller foods, include more fiber into your diet. make sure to get plenty of water & protien in your diet as well.. Eat smaller meals, eat on a saucer plate instead of a dinner plate. have healthy snacks like carrots, yogart, celery (with a bit of peanut butter), fruits..Go on small walks with your baby a few times a day..
    Dont work out really hard, it may put toxins in your breastmilk.. its been a while since ive read on it so its something u may want to research into..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• your body will continue to store extra fat on you for breastfeeding. it's tough to really lose weight

Eat more veggies. drink water. small meals, exercise.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Weight Watchers has a plan for breastfeeding moms.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:35 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I didn't diet at all and I lost 50 lbs in about 6-8 months. I just ate whatever I wanted but not too much of anything. That's what I did during the pregnancy too and I only gained 15 lbs.
    zorrokat

Answer by zorrokat at 4:13 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Walk walk walk! It is good for you, doesn't strain your body, burns cals and you can do it with your baby! An hour a day of walking has helped me lose 20 lbs in three months - I've been struggling to lose weight since giving birth 22 mos. ago and when I started walking, it started melting away!
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 7:04 PM on Aug. 21, 2009