best way to lose weight while breast feeding?

have u ever dieted while breastfeeding? did it work for u? how did u do it?

Asked by lovelyli217 at 8:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• breastfeed breatsfeed BREASTFEED!!! lol
    i just ate healthy and walked around with ym daughter in her stroller everyday. and at 4 1/2 months i was back down to what i was before i got pregnant.

some people think a diet is not eating much and will kncok you for wanting to diet while breastfeeding but you can do it and do it in a healthy way. like, eating lots of veggies and fruits and good food and exercising. but that is what you should do anyway.

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I didn't diet while breastfeeding. Breast Milk is naturally low in calories, you need all those calories for breast-milk. Unless of course you are talking about cutting out junk food and eating healthier.

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Be careful, dieting can hurt your BM- not only the supply but its benefits.. Try eating healthier & fuller foods, include more fiber into your diet. make sure to get plenty of water & protien in your diet as well.. Eat smaller meals, eat on a saucer plate instead of a dinner plate. have healthy snacks like carrots, yogart, celery (with a bit of peanut butter), fruits..Go on small walks with your baby a few times a day..
    Dont work out really hard, it may put toxins in your breastmilk.. its been a while since ive read on it so its something u may want to research into..

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• your body will continue to store extra fat on you for breastfeeding. it's tough to really lose weight

Eat more veggies. drink water. small meals, exercise.

Answer by charisma10 at 9:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Weight Watchers has a plan for breastfeeding moms.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:35 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I didn't diet at all and I lost 50 lbs in about 6-8 months. I just ate whatever I wanted but not too much of anything. That's what I did during the pregnancy too and I only gained 15 lbs.

Answer by zorrokat at 4:13 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Walk walk walk! It is good for you, doesn't strain your body, burns cals and you can do it with your baby! An hour a day of walking has helped me lose 20 lbs in three months - I've been struggling to lose weight since giving birth 22 mos. ago and when I started walking, it started melting away!

Answer by Iskkra at 7:04 PM on Aug. 21, 2009