what do you do when you have your kids with you and you need to get gas?

and you have to pay with cash? do you leave them in there? i was freaking out yesterday because i needed gas and i only had cash on me i hated to leave him in there but i pretty much just gave the guy the money and left, i was at the pump closest to the door too so i had full view, he was sleeping at the time..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I pay at the pump or make sure my DH follows me to the gas station to wait with the boys while i pay. I am greatful for being able to pay at the pump!!
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I take my child with me! Never, not even for a second would I leave my child in the car alone. IMO. What if someone were watching you, and waited for the moment for you to leave your child alone? I always pay with a credit card or go to full service gas stations only.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• My dd is almost 3yrs & Ive made sure to not be in this situation! lol... We have been pretty good at having dh keep my truck filled .. Its very rare I pump gas since Ive had dd..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• If I have to go in to pay I always take my son in with me.. I NEVER leave him in the car EVER. It is way too dangerous even if just for a second.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 8:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• dont drive but I would take them with me or goto a full serve
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 8:40 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I press the call attendant button or help button on the machine and when they responded I said I have a baby in the car can you come out get the money. I haven't had anybody refuse, but I have had to wait sometimes if their busy.

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 9:29 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I always pay at the pump and if I couldn't I would for sure bring him in no matter what. You just never know what could happen... so many freaks out there and things happen SO fast.
    If you don't own a credit card I would get one now.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I always pay at the pump. If I couldn't for some reason then I'd bring all 3 kids in with me. This is why I usually have hubby put gas in my van when I need it.
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 9:50 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I wouldn't leave my son in the car. I live in a big city though. A month or two ago a woman was getting gas here. A guy ran up, punched her in the face, and took off in her van. Her 18 month old daughter was in the van. They eventually found her, but still. Since then, I've been really paranoid.
    militarywife976

Answer by militarywife976 at 10:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I take my son into the gas station with me to pay. Always have, always will. Even if it means waking him up. He is 14 months old now, and I still take him in with me.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 12:03 AM on Aug. 21, 2009