Good for what after being a home stay mom for almost 8 years?

don't know what to do! where to look for? just want a morning part time, but it is sooo difficult to find! I don't know what I'm good at other than a Mom!!

VickyZ

Asked by VickyZ at 8:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• Stay at home moms have lots of skills that employers value: time management, logistics, budgeting, etc.

I do career and job search coaching; contact me offlist if you would like some help structuring your job search.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:57 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Look for jobs at a daycare, school or playcenter.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• What about house keeping or grocery shopping for the elderly? I know there are lots of elderly people whose families would love to have someone dependable and trustworthy spend an hour or two assisting with daily household chores.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 8:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I recently started working from home and I must say I’m very happy doing what I do!!! I work with a great team of Moms. We help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS.
    Visit me at:
    www.4MyFamilyandMe.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 8:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• check out a temp agency. You can work the days and hours you need, the money is good and experience isn't necessary

Answer by admckenzie at 8:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• p.s. I just want you to know that you are good for a lot of things. What you have learned in your time at home is vital to many jobs in the job market. Your skills are what is important. If your community offers free resume service (our's does at the unemployment office) you might have them help you. You'd be shocked to learn what skills you don't realize you have.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2009