Hmm...hardly a response to my previous question. Wonder why...

My question was: "What makes you assertive, confident, with a high self-esteem, etc.", and yet only one responded. Just looking for ideas that's all. I'm dissapointed because all around the world, around me, on TV, etc, people (many not all) act with these qualities (yes, I consider them qualities if they are used for the correct reasons) and again only one person responded. What happened? Maybe I am not wording it correctly? Who knows! So sad! And to the one person who did respond; my respects to you, thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What makes me assertive is the drive to get what I want in life. What makes me confident is the fact that I do know anything I put my mind to I can do and what makes me have high self-esteem is the fact that I don't give a shit what anyone thinks when it comes to that.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:31 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I'm not always assertive and confident, but when I am, it is because I feel comfortable in my position and knowledgeable of the situation.  Knowing I am right gives me confidence.

Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 8:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Im just a loser with no self estemm so i couldnt answer your question. I know what my qualities are i like to joke make people laugh and have fun. I am kinda a push over because i am a lover not a fighter, i dont think i am hott in any way but i know my SO loves me and thinks the world of me and thats good enough for me.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 8:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• It is strange wording. People might not have understood what you were asking.
    Honestly don't expect answers from any legit questions on this site. If you want to ask a question with any class at all no one is interested. Now ask a drama starter question and insult someone and you'll get 200 answers.

What makes a confident is that I can honestly say I take the greatest effort to be the best person I can be. I'm proud of my morals, ethics and ability to not judge people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I didn't see the question before but ill answer now...
    What makes me assertive is my desire to do the best I can to show my son anything is possible & I want to be living proof of that.
    What makes me confident is knowing I can do make big changes by taking small steps and that I have the full support of my wonderful husband.
    What gives me high self esteem is waking up every morning knowing we are one day closer to reaching our dreams and that everyday I have a son who thinks I'm super mom, a husband who loves and desires me, parents who support us & are proud of us, & a brother who everytime I begin to doubt myself reminds me of all the ways I can, will, & have succeeded. I love my family and the strength they give me
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• An assertive style of behavior is to interact with people while standing up for your rights. Being assertive is to one's benefit most of the time but it does not mean that one always gets what he/she wants. The result of being assertive is that you feel good about yourself and other people know how to deal with you and there is nothing vague about dealing with you. (Wikipedia)

I am assertive because I am excited about creating my own destiny and doing it my way. I am confident because I know some might think I am quirky or goofy but I love that about me. I don't care what others think because I know who I am and am comfortable in my own skin. I have a high self esteem because at the end of the day, I'm me, FLY AS HELL and hustling to make it to the top as a mompreneur. Don't get it twisted, it is hard to maintain this confidence about yourself because there are haters out there tryn to break u. YOU HAVE TO DO U, ALWAYS!
    Urbane

Answer by Urbane at 8:43 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I am only assertive about women's issues. I think I am confident because I have experienced some of life's lessons, learned from mistakes, been humbled at times, and I am aware of my triumphs and disasters. I know who I am. I am creative, affectionate to my family, happy, and simple, just to name a few.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Not being scared of anything, but being choosy; meaning to have wisdom, and discretion. i think experience is the best teacher, so it takes time to build confidence. Helping people and being open minded>! That's the best and only sure solid thing for me. I just don't care about other's opiions of me. I am not interested in fighting, never am. To have to be right all the time isn't realistic but to give compliments and say thank you to people helps. Thinking in the other persons shoes is helpful. Also knowing that what works is good, and to keep doing that. !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Maybe people didn't answer your first question because there are so many women who don't have a sense of self-worth. My friends tell me I'm smart, pretty and funny, and I have a Master's degree. My parents say they're proud of me, but yet I always feel incompetent, like I need to lose weight, and less savvy at just about everything.

If I felt like there was something that would make me feel assertive or confident I would try it and report it, but there's not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I am assertive because I know that I am the only person who can make things happen for myself and my family. I am confident because I look at all that I have accomplished, big and small, and know that I made those things happen and I did a great job! I have self esteem because I know that I am smart, successful, beautiful, funny, and sweet.

For the anonoymous post above me....I too have a Master's degree. That is something you shoudl be proud of! I worked darn hard for my degree and I'm sure you did too. Reflect on the positive thins you have done more and less on the things that you wish you could change.

We are all amazing because we are women!
    ajw1980

Answer by ajw1980 at 10:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2009