Do you ever feel like you are not playing the "winner's game?"

Do you feel that you have to win in every thing that you do?

There is 1 place that we play in the game; but we are not the prize. Any idea what I mean?

bloodbought

Asked by bloodbought at 8:36 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• no, i don't feel i have to win everytime. in fact, i usually don't. but in the 'end game', i'm already a winner..so the little games that people play between now and then, doesn't bother me. in this world, i'm a chiefest of losers..thank God, this world isn't my final destiny!

''For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed to him against that day.''- 1 timothy12
    "Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is."- 1 corinthians 3:13

be encouraged!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:49 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• We need to get away from a "win them" mentality. People do not put their faith in Christ because we cleverly "force" them to believe. We must realize that if we "win" someone to Christ, he's probably not saved.
    D. L. Moody, the evangelist, was riding on a train when a drunk came up to him and said, "Mr. Moody, I'm one of your converts." Moody replied, "I'm afraid you are, because you're obviously not a convert of the Lord's."

Any doubt what this great man of God was saying to the man?
    There shouldn't be even a trace of doubt.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 8:38 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I no more need to "win" than I have too convince others that what I believe is RIGHT and they are WRONG. I understand that their hearts truth speaks a language just for them, and mine speaks just for me.
    No one is a winner, and no one is a loser. We are all superstars....we are all beautiful. We are all living our own truth, and that is ok.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Answered at 5:49 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 by: thehairnazi
    no, i don't feel i have to win everytime. in fact, i usually don't. but in the 'end game', i'm already a winner..
    ~~~

Yes and amen to this and sooooo true!
    We have already won so it is not a reason to feel that we have to win in the game of life. We are already promised that.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 9:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• 2009 by: sahmamax2
    I no more need to "win" than I have too convince others that what I believe is RIGHT and they are WRONG. I understand that their hearts truth speaks a language just for them, and mine speaks just for me.
    ___________
    Wow I mean like wow man
    you do your thing and I will do mine and maybe
    just maybe we will meet some where in the middle and all will be just beautiful.
    Couldn't resist.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 9:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• All already is beautiful....if we could all meet in the middle; that is the trick:)
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:39 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Wow I mean like wow man
    Couldn't resist.

--------

BB, have you ever heard the quote "sarcasm is the lowest form of wit" ?  Someone gave a respectful reply and you had sarcastically mock them...but then I really think you can't help yourself.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• First of all I don't win anyone. If a person comes to faith in Jesus Christ it is because the Holy Spirit has drawn them, He has shown them a need and I am only there to be a vessel that He uses to show them His way.  IT'S NOT ABOUT ME.

Second, people are not prizes to be won.  We don't put a notch in our spiritual gun belt for every one we "win".  I don't want to ever get to the point that I see people as a project or a prize to be one.  I only want to share the truth of God's love through my life and words. 

As Christians we are to speak the truth in love.  Do you see how both balance eachother?  Without truth we are no different than anyone else; without love we are worse.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 9:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Nobody wins in the game of life. We all fall short eventually. (IE, die.)

But nah, I don't feel like I need to compete with anyone. I left that attitude back in high school.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:09 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I think some people are misunderstood and mislabeled.

Some of us don't want to "win" anybody. Some of us just want others to stop slamming the Bibles over the temples of others and get out of the way so that the Holy Spirit can do his work. It has nothing to do with "winning," "selling," "coercing," "ear-tickling," or "sugar-coating" anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2009