Looking for advice.....

My youngest just started kindergarden, so I am going to take on-line classes. I am in need of an advice on how to make it work. (I have 2 in high school, a 2nd grader and a kindergarden so my plate is kind of full.) If anyone can give my suggestions on how they schudeled their time between taking care of the house, kids, homework, sports and their own school work I am very interested.

mom-2-4boys

Asked by mom-2-4boys at 8:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's not easy and you will probably get no sleep but your kids are old enough to do things for themselves. I usually take care of things while my girls, 3 and 4 yrs, are in school, and when I procrastinate, I stay up late after they fall asleep and complete my assignments. I take a nap during the day just to regroup myself before the kids come home.

You have to find what works for you. Don't beat urself up about it especially in the beginning because you will feel overwhelmed. Let your kids know that you are going to school and that certain times you will have to be on the computer but try to get things done before they get home, and after they go to sleep.

Hope this helps!!
    Urbane

Answer by Urbane at 8:52 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I went back to school when my kids were little too. I tried to do everything like I did before I went back...does not work. Your day is full before school and now it will be crammed. Don't try to do it all. Get the kids to do what ever they can for themselves based on their age. A little sacirfice now will definately pay off for all of you. It is ok if the house is not as clean as it was or things don;t get done today. Do your best but don't be hard on yourself or the kids. It really is worth all your effort. I wish you and your family all the best and you should be so proud of yourself for what you have decided to do.
    gammiej

Answer by gammiej at 9:49 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• well i had to have complete concentration when i actually had to wrok online, so i would do it after bedtime. if you get books and reading assignments off the computer then you can do a little at a time throughout the day. just try to do a small amount each day to stay caught up.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 11:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2009