What can I do to get my 5 month old to sleep in a crib?

I have a 23 month old and a 5 month old sharing a room. The 23 month old is in a bed now for 2 months. My 5 month old takes 2- 20/30 min naps in the am and then sleeps 1-1/2 hrs with me on the couch while his big brother sleeps upstairs in the bed. The 23 month old goes to bed at 7pm and the 5 month old falls asleep around 8pm. I can put him in the crib no problem, but he wakes up in 2-3 hours. I can't let him cry it out or anything since he would wake up his brother. So I bring him into bed with me. Which he falls right to sleep instantly. I also breastfeed him in bed. He does not sleep well the rest of the night and nor do I. And then we are both up at 5am. This is becoming impossible during the day with a 23 and 5 month old with no sleep. Does anyone have any advice? I am becoming very desperate. (Our third bedroom is used by my step-son everyother weekend) I would love to use that precious space, but I can't. Please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i believe they do make like little beds for the baby that attach to the side of your bed. So the baby's sleeping next to you but not with you.Dont know where they would sell them tho. My Daughter has slept in her crib since day one. Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• try after he wakes up at night letting him fall back to sleep with you then sneek him into the crib..... i have to do this with my six month old..... weve been donig that for about a week now and he is almost sleeping through the night.......... he was going to be at 9 and getting up at 12 but every night it seems like he sleep another hour longer in his own bed..... right now he is going to bed at 9 and getting up at 5 i just need to get him to sleep two more hours
    Ginger_Sessions

Answer by Ginger_Sessions at 12:43 AM on Aug. 21, 2009