My 2 year old sucks on his 3 middle fingure and rubs a tag when he's tired or cranky. Should I be worried.

Butterfirefly04

Asked by Butterfirefly04 at 8:47 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• oh wow! I used to rub tags when I sucked my thumb! how funny. I was bad though, I didn't stop til I was 9 years old. I had a little overbite, but I grew into it and never needed braces. Dentists even tell me I have beautiful teeth.
    My son (1 year) sucks his thumb, and has to hold a blanket, shirt, or anything cloth. Since he was about 2 months old he has been doing that. I'm not worried at all. He is so calm when he has his thumb and something soft to hold.
    RachWell

Answer by RachWell at 9:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I am sure that is just how he comforts himself. Kids have many different ways of doing that.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 8:49 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• No, absolutely not, consider it a blessing that you have a visual sign of when he is tired and cranky. We had a little boy that stayed with us a few days, and knowing that him sucking his 2 fingers meant that he was ready to lay down was a God-send!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:10 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Don't worry! Most kids have their own quirks. My son rubs the silky edge of his favorite blanket under his chin when he is tired or needs comforting. :)
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:44 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• This is really strange! My oldest son would suck his ring finger and middle finger and rub the tag of whatever he could find under his nose. That was his comfort thing... some kids take a pacifier, somes kids suck their thumb... mine had his fingers and tags.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 5:12 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• really ? your worried about that ?? wow....... its his way of comforting himself ! im sure you did weird things as a kid too !
    ryansmommy07

Answer by ryansmommy07 at 4:01 PM on Aug. 22, 2009