Need time management advice...

Since my youngest is starting Kindergarden I have signed up for some internet class. I am now having cold feet. It has been 10 years and 4 kids since I have taken some classes. Can anyone give me advice on how you made internet class and family life work out for you? Am I silly for trying to take classes on-line? The college is a good hour drive one way so that really was not an option for me at this time.

mom-2-4boys

Asked by mom-2-4boys at 8:52 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in

• you are not silly at all! good luck with this. it takes a lot of courage to get back to school, and nowadays online classes when you're mom are the way to go if the college is a ways away.
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 8:55 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I teach online classes so I haev lots of tips. I would say first: buy a planner or a calendar to record ALL due dates and assignments. This lets you see quickly what's due and what you might have to work ahead on. Second, work ahead when you have a chance. That way, if an emergency comes up, you're ahead of schedule. But, if you do have any emergency, ALWAYS contact your instructor immediately. Don't wait until several days later, it makes us think you just forgot something was due. Don't wait until the last minute to do something. Do a little at a time. Don't try to cram reading a whole chapter into one night...you'll get overwhelmed, bored, and lose focus. Stay involved in your class online and ask lots of questions if you have them. Don't be afraid to ask your instructor for help.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 10:57 PM on Aug. 22, 2009