I LOVE Formula Feeding.

If i wasn't formula feeding i don't know how i would cope.

I barely get any sleep due to my baby getting up needing a feed but my partner can do it too which is great.

My boobs aren't hurting. My partner is able to bond with him as much as me. I don't have to pump or think about breaking my boobs out in public. And he loves the stuff.

It really does make life easier.

Does anyone else enjoy the advantages of formula feeding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am a BF mom. Who has also FF. I don't need to give my reasons for either choice that I have ever made. I have seen and reaped the full benefits from both as well as have dealt with whatever sux that comes with both.  I believe that BF is the most natural thing. i love to BF.  But guess what??  When I FF I enjoyed it as well. There is a reason other than sex that women have breasts. BUT, thank God for formula. It is there to feed babies. I can't stand when ppl say that a mom who chooses to FF is selfish. It is rude. It is their choice. Period. How about the ones who don't want to BF get forced into doing it....for fear of being called selfish...and then they resent their child, they resent every waking moment of having to be locked into being the only source of nourishment for that child, and they disconnect from the child....that would be awesome! Because no matter what they BF because it would have been selfish (con't)
    theyareallmine

Answer by theyareallmine at 10:50 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• no ... I got shamed to death at mommy 'n' me group :( it ruined any love for it I had. I envy those who don't have bottles and nipples to clean, too.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I do! At first I wanted to BF because it IS better for the baby, but I could never seem to produce enough milk so I eventually gave up. But now, I can go out and have girls' nights with my friends without having to worry about pumping, I got a part time job to bring in some extra income, and my baby is healthy and growing like she should be!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 9:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I bottle fed both of my kids too - and loved it. Not bashing on breast feeders (you will undoubtedly receive bashing from some of them though) it just wasn't the right option for me for several reasons.

Both of my children, 13 & 8 are happy, healthy and smart too - Thanks Similac!
    MichiMomma

Answer by MichiMomma at 9:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I wouldn't say I "love" it...there's a horrible stigma that comes along with being a FF mom on CafeMom.

But I will admit that it was a lifesaver when my daughter was born. I was unhappy with the way breastfeeding was going, so we made the ultimate decision to go to formula. It was all so confusing back then, I don't like to think about it. I tried breastfeeding and didn't enjoy it. My nipples were cracked and bleeding and engorgement is one of the worst worst worst feelings ever. I just wasn't happy. If I ever have another child I'll try again and try to push past the pain, I'd like to give it another try.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I truly believe that women who formula feed by choice put their desires ahead of their children's needs.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Nope, I was a very happy breastfeeder, came very naturally to me and easy as pie ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I LOVE breastfeeding!! I never have to question whether I am giving my baby the best. I know that baby is receiving amazing lifelong benefits and I will never have to look back and wonder what if. The best is what my LO deserves and gets!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Cait, seriously? Before you even had your daughter, you announced on CM repeatedly that you planned on FF, so you can't honestly say that you put a full effort into trying to BF.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• rkoloms: I don't FF by choice, but I choose to see the positive side of it. I was FF as an infant because I was adopted, and I turned out just fine; I'm healthy and intelligent. As long as the child is healthy and happy, and growing, then who are you to say that the mother is selfish?
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 9:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2009