re post...IS THIS FAIR?

My br wrecked his car so he asked my dad if he could buy the one in our yard my dad knows he didnt have the money and said yes just pay me later. well thet BOTH worked on the car for HOURs and it runs fine and is safe for his kids. Our electic almost got cut off bc we dont have money for it. My sister just called and asked if my bf was gonna buy the car i said yeah in the long run. she said well she has someone that will buy it NOW. I asked what does she want my dad to do. take the car from my bf to sell it so hes s.o.l after helpin with it too? Her response was well do u want electric. yes i do but he helps us out so we helpped him out. u cant just take the car back. What would u do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• her DH helped fix a car up with her dad.... dad said he could buy it from him.....sister calls saying she found someone who would buy it from dad right then and there.... she asks is that fair or right for father to do that after he promised it to her and her DH.. rather simple to figure out..
    onefinenursemom

Answer by onefinenursemom at 9:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• What does your sister have to do with the car that is your dads?
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Try to get somone in the family to get a higher paying job, or just start eating sandwiches!! ( oh, and take shorter showers.)
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 9:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I don't actually understand the situation. Maybe your family should sit down with a clergy person or other neutral third party and work this out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I would re-write the entire question because the way it's worded is seriously confusing and doesn't make much sense.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I don't understand your question. But I would not blame my extended family, because I couldn't pay my own electric bill.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• OP yes onefinenursemom ur right lol.. that is what i was saying! Anon 12;19 no one blames anyone for the bill. the point of the ? was to ask if it is fair to TAKE the car back after my DH helped work on it and it was promised to him and he was told he could pay later!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Aug. 21, 2009