Is this weird?

Ok so I get a random message from a CM member. She has never talked with me, is not in any group I am, and I cant find any posts we both posted in. She drops me a 2 liner which is basically

Hi, ive got a kid and am pregant. I live in an ajoining state to you. What about you?

So ive got multiple kids- not any near her kids age, am not pregant, and yes i live in the state next to hers. Is this odd to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in About CafeMom

• It does seem odd, but maybe she's just new to the site and isn't sure how it all works....maybe. Maybe just leave her a message on her page. Maybe suggest she put more on her profile, so people can get a better sense of who she is. But we do need to be careful, even on here. Don't give any personal info. I did have a man on here once, who sent me a message asking to be friends, and told me he was a man! I reported it and he was deleted, even the message he sent me disappeared! So just be careful and take it slow, just watch her profile to see what she's up to.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Kinda. She must be super lonely.
    MichiMomma

Answer by MichiMomma at 9:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• A little. You don't have to reply, but if her profile has a picture and her personal information and doesn't look fishy then it's probably not a stalker. I wouldn't give out any personal information, though.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• OP

Ahh i forgot to mention her profile is completly blank except for one kid's age. No pics no nothing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Huh, yeah maybe a little, but then again maybe she saw a couple of your answers or something and she kinda relates to who she thinks you are. I'd probably respond back and ask her how she came to contact you. Well, I say probably, I mean more "I might" respond back. I definitely get why it seems odd to you.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:35 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Yeah im not particularly worried it just seems very odd. I responded back and now she is asking a random question about circumsion lol.

haha if she sees this she will know its me rofl.

Maybe trying to get a rise out of people? Weird. You think its rude to ask her why she contacted me?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• It seems rather fishy to me. No idea what could be going on however.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Yes, I would tell her about the mom search option then she could find friends closer. I would also be a bit worried that she isn't who she says she is.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Okay I just read that her profile was black, I have red flags going up like crazy and they all scream pedophile. I would report "her" if you can to have the people in charge check her out a bit. Way to fishy.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• OP-
    im such a skeptical person to begin with and a bit paranoid lol. Glad to know im not the only one.

Update: I asked her why she contacted me and she said my SN was catchy lol. Doesnt help actually cause I used to use a similiar one on Yahoo and creepy guys made a connection to it that I didnt know about haha.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2009