Fetal Heart Beat?

I went in for my 11/12 week checkup yesterday and they were unable to find a heart beat... I wasn't too concerned until my mid-wife told me "it was nothing to worry about" 10 times in a minute. Was she just trying to ease my mind, or could there be something wrong and she was trying to distract me??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have 3 boys and heard each babies heartbeats at different weeks in my pregnancies. I think the latest was 13wks and the earlliest was 11wks. It all depends on the position of the baby if the heartbeat is heard or not. She is right i would not worry too much even though it is very difficult.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• they couldnt find my babies heart beat a few times around that point i wasnt worried at all and im 33wks now so...sometimes the baby is just posistioned oddly and it's still very tiny so it's hard to reach sometimes dont worry everything is just fine!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2009