For those who are pro-choice....

and believe that the government should not tell a woman what to do with her body, do you agree with the proposed healthcare reform? Why or Why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It gives the government too much control.

Im all for a healthcare reform, just not this one.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 9:43 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Women are going to do with their pregnant bodies whatever they want to do that right for their situation whether abortion at any stage of pregnancy is legal or illegal. They will always be doctors pro and con and their will always be abortion clinics.

You're not being clear in what and who you're attempting to quote. There are so many versions and variations of proposals all of the time well before Obama. Just look through states' health insurance regulations.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• What does pro-choice and healthcare reform have to do with each other??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Please explain the relationship between prochoice and pro-healthcare reform.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:52 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• No. For several reasons, but at the very tip top of my list is the fact that we don't have the money for it. Period. Nada. Zippity-doo-dah.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Quinnmae, if they had billions to wage a war of death and destruction on a country that did nothing, I'm sure your country could come up with some kind of pittance to give people some kind of preventive health care. What you yanks have is deplorable. I feel bad for all of you. To think, losing a home because of medical bills that an insurence company refused to pay. Why aren't you people out in the streets over that? Why stand for that? If not basic healthcare, at least keep those money grubbers from taking peoples homes just because they got sick and couldn't pay the astronomical costs to get better. Attrocious. Wouldn't treat a dog the way your medical system treats you poor people.
    mehamil1

Answer by mehamil1 at 10:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Because many of the people that will utilize most of the benefits are the one's that take the least care of themselves. Not because they can't, but because they simply don't care enough about themselves to eat right, exercise, not smoke or drink excessively, etc. I know this next part will raise some hair, but if we are already paying out PA for this crowd, then why should you and I be expected to provide them with entitled health care that they would not buy for themselves, choosing instead to buy cigarettes and booze?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I don't see what the connection is between the two
    dcdmattison03

Answer by dcdmattison03 at 10:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Don't feel too bad, I like my insurance. We pay more than we use, but it's there if and when I need it.

As for the war debate, what's done is done. We don't get a refund on that and it's still a fact that we are broke. That's life. Decisions get made and we live with the consequences (in all facets of life).

Like I said, that was my very first reason, but only one of many.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• The two have something to do with another in regards to your body... healthcare is needed to take care of our bodies! So for those who are pro-choice (which I am pro-choice meaning I think women should be allowed to choose for themselves not that I myself agree with abortion because that is my choice) who believe the government should not be allowed to tell a woman what to do with her body why or why not are you for the PROPOSED healthcare reform... not just healthcare reform.. I agree with the pp who said I'm for healthcare reform just not this one.... If you think it's unconstitutional for the government to tell a woman she can't choose then why is it not unconstitutional for the government to determine our healthcare???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Aug. 20, 2009