Is your baby on good start soy plus?

I breast fed my daughter until she was 1 month old shes almost 3 months now she was on good start the orange can and had problerms with it always threw up and could never poop shes on good start soy plus , shes only been on it for about 2 weeks now any moms have problems with this formula ? She seems to be doing okay she gerts very gassy though Just want some feed back!!!

BELLASAMANTHA

Asked by BELLASAMANTHA at 9:45 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 6 week old son is on this formula and he isn't very gassy as far as burping or spitting up. He is having a problem with constipation at the moment. If it continues I may switch him to something else. Other than that, I like that it's not as foamy as Similac and I can always find a coupon for the Good Start.

I hear that any soy formula can cause constipation. But I've also heard that its the iron in the formula that causes constipation.
    rpggurleli

Answer by rpggurleli at 9:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• my daughter was on that and had to be switched to similac sensitive. She had the very same problems as your baby has. It took about two weeks to make a full transition but in that time we used baby gas drops.
    Saberlilly

Answer by Saberlilly at 11:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• If she is gassy, it is possible it is not the formula but the bottle. She might be taking in too much air. If you aren't already using something like playtex bottles with drop-in liners, that might be worth a shot. The bottles are only 3 bucks each, and a whole box of liners run me at 5 dollars. That helped my son with the gas issues... so much. You could also talk to your pediatrician about adding apple-prune juice to your child's diet to help with conspication? The iron in formula can cause a lot of issues with conspitation, depending on the child. Both milk-based and soy-based have iron. It is not recommended to switch to iron-free formula without an approval from the pediatrician.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:52 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Nestle isn't the best out there, IMO. Also, check out Nestle worldwide ban... they have a horrible history... very unethical practices... they would go into third-world countries to promote formula and mothers' milk would dry up, then they couldn't afford more formula so the babies would starve. Try Similac or Earth's Best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Aug. 21, 2009