would you share with me any information on tubals

is it safe how long does it take how is it done how painfull is it

pregnantagain07

Asked by pregnantagain07 at 9:47 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Health

• I had a tubal during my last section. It did not add any pain at all. Moms who have it done otherwiise sometimes go into or for a little bit a few days after a vaginal delivery or go in another time. It's a snip snip not major surgery at all. If you're having it done it'll be ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• The risks are the same as with any surgery - mainly infection & anesthesia issues. There are a few methods: cut & tie, cut & remove, cut & clamp, cut & burn, etc. Some are more effective than others, although all are in the upper 90s%.

If you have the removal method or burning method done, you have zero chance of a reversal. If you decide to add to your family, you'd have to go by artificial means.

The body does have a tendency to try to heal itself, so your chances of concieving post-tubal increases over time. I, personally, have known 2 people to concieve post - tubal -- one was an ectopic, the other resulted in triplets. Most pregnancies that occur post tubal are ectopic.

Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome -- something to look into. It's real. It's irreversible. And it's not fun at all.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Tubal ligation I presume you mean, I had mine done when I had a c-section so I am not sure if there was any discomfort or not, my tummy had been sliced open, lol.

The only thing I have heard that concerns me about tubals, is that many women have much heavier periods afterwards, heavy clotting and then wind up having to get a hysterectomy at some point and that is exactly what happened to me. My best to you, i hope things work out well~~~
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I had it done 4 weeks after I had my last child. It didn't take long at all, except I slept in recovery for 4 hours, the nurses said they just let me sleep because they knew I had a newborn at home and knew I must be tired! That day and the next day I was alittle sore, not much at all. I just took Mortin for the discomfort. By the 3rd day I was fine. Was able to take care of my newborn and my 3 other children. That was 14 years ago...I've never had any problems with it....and apparently it's still working!! lol
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2009