Any good heartburn remedies besides tums? They aren't working for me and I'm dying!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• papaya enzyme is miraculous

Answer by rkoloms at 9:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• zantac take it 2 times a day even when you do not have heartburn cause it is a blocker
    onefinenursemom

Answer by onefinenursemom at 9:55 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• when i was preggers and had it bad i also had from it irregular hearbeat. my ob told me to drink tons of water to help dilute the acid. i did and it worked great. i drank water with a larger or even a spicy meal and kept a water bottle with me afterward. It was cheaper than otc meds cause i was already paying for water in my house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• warm water with some lemon in it should help out!

good luck :)
    Anonymous

• Fresh cabbage juice...it heals ulcers...steamed cabbage works if you're not too far gone yet.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 9:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• ooo more cabbage talk lol icky
    onefinenursemom

Answer by onefinenursemom at 10:03 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• MILK.....That's always been my remedy, cuz I hate TUMS and pills....Food Detective also said that MILK coats your stomach and i effective in preventing heartburn AND cooling off spicy meals
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Fresh ginger root. Just use a small amount tho b/c its spicy. I used it to help with morning sickness and it worked so well that my hubby tried it with his heartburn. He said it stopped his heartburn immeditely.
    sweetboys4me

Answer by sweetboys4me at 10:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• milk!!!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• This is ick but try a little baking soda mixed with water. I heard that it works, but sounds yuckie
    SgtsWife1982

Answer by SgtsWife1982 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2009