do i ask to much

From the time my 4 year old could walk i have made her clean up after herself and for about a year now she is getting dressed by her self. I am tring to teach her to be indepent but i fear that i am makin her grow up to fast. she has a good head on her shoulders and she is very lovin but sometimes acts like she is the parent. how can i get her to still clean up but not act like a adult so much?

jessicasumner20

Asked by jessicasumner20 at 10:00 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • I wouldn't worry so much, it sounds like you 2 have a really close relationship and she is just tuned into you. My daugher and I are the same way. I don't put the parenting role on her at all and never have but, she would and still does console me when I am sad and worries about my feelings. They are just sensitive girls and love their mommies. :) As for the chores and stuff, that's great and I would keep it up.
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 12:27 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• dont made chores chores. make it a game with a prize of a sticker or a basketball game or a boardgame. Turn on a video with good music and let her sing away while doing her chore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• is she bossy with a younger sibling? make it very clear to her it isn't her place to be bossy....to anyone. explain what you have her do is her responsibilites. and that you are the adult and in charge of teaching others their responsibilites
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• she is not boss with know one she is kind and clam ,she just acts like a parent. if i am worried about something she knows and trys to confort me as if i was her own. when she falls or something she tell me she is ok even though i know she is hurting. 2 months ago our cat was hit by a car and i was real hurt, i cried but i tried to keep it from her. she come into my room and hugged me and said "it will be ok mom fiskie not hurting no more" we could not keep her from knowing about the cat becuase it happen in our drive way when we were all out there.
    jessicasumner20

Answer by jessicasumner20 at 10:39 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• i think you did the right thing, i did not ask enough of my son who is now four and he wont pick up anything he in fact trashes the house and tells me thaqt i have to [pick it u[p. i wish that i had been alittle more like you on that
    Saberlilly

Answer by Saberlilly at 11:31 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• thank yall so much
    jessicasumner20

Answer by jessicasumner20 at 10:08 AM on Aug. 21, 2009