Relocating : What's it really like in Antelope Valley, California, near Lancaster or Palmdale?

I have a job offer in Lancaster California. I've done some research on the internet but want to know what is it really like. What's the cost of living? What's the weather? Etc. I'm interested in things that you can't/won't find on the internet. What is it really like? Earthquakes, mud slides, fires, etc. Natural disasters, etc. Any information would be appreciated. What's the crime rate? How safe is it? Is it a small town feeling or big city or what?

kingharley

Asked by kingharley at 10:05 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• I don't mean to be rude but, I think the AV is pretty ghetto. The cost of living IS much cheaper than other places in LA County. There are a lot of newer homes. Very hot during the summer and sometimes snows in the winter. Not very many fires that I can think of. It's a smaller city.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Everything you could want to know! http://www.city-data.com/city/California.html

Personally, I wouldn't choose the Antelope valley unless it was one hell of a job. The High Desert is hot hot hot.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:24 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• My cousins live in palmdale and they are not ghetto.Why do you not try Victorville.That is were we are moving.We have a three bedroom house and we are moving into a 5 bedroom.I live in a big city eventhough it is very quiet I am tired of it.Another reason is I am buying my home cash and my debt and two brand new cars and we will have$10000.00 left,to put in the bank.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Aug. 21, 2009