a good book?

Ive been thinking of getting back into reading books. Its been a long time. I used to be a big book reader and then I had children and well I stopped lol. I was into mostly real life kinda books, nothing too outa the ordinary. Anyways, any suggestions on what book to get would be great. And maybe something about that book.

cudybug

Asked by cudybug at 10:05 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Entertainment

• The Twilight series is great. Everyone I know, including myself, loved it. From my teenage cousins to my 50 year old aunts. And it's a 4 book series. And the next series is coming out in December that draws from that.
    Another good series is the Left Behind series....there are 12 in that one. But it is a religious drama. Starts with the rapture. Follows the main characters from the rapture to the glorious appearing. They were excellent too.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:11 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Well, I love Nora Roberts, Nicholas Sparks, VC Andrews, and Janet Evanovich.
    Nora Roberts- i love her Trilogies. My favorite so far has been the Circle Trilogy. I just read Vision in White which is the first book of a quartet.
    Nicholas Sparks- my favorite is The Rescue. I love it.
    VC Andrews- She(or her ghost writer) does series. My favorite is the Casteel Series, but the Dollanganger series is my second.
    Janet Evanovich- She's awesome. I love her Stephanie Plum Series which now consists on 15 books, plus 4 'in-between' books. Every book makes me laugh and makes me want to read more.

If i gave descriptions, I'd run out of room. If you're interested, PM me and I'd be happy to tell you about them.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:11 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I agree with Miss Heidi also. Twilight series is amazing and so is the Left Behind series.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Neffenegger is AWESOME and it's kind of self explanatory =)
    Water for Elephants (can't remember the author) is about a man's experience working on a circus (a little graphic at times though)
    Jodi Picoult is a good author... she takes a lot of hot topic issues and bases her books on them.

Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 10:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I read Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult. I has seen the movie first and wanted to get the book. Book is great. It's about an Amish girl who gives birth but the baby dies and she's charged of murder.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I usually read non fiction. Here are some great books you can get at your local library:

http://www.buzzflash.com/store/items/1790

http://www.buzzflash.com/store/items/1766

Answer by rkoloms at 11:31 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I too recommend the Twilight series. I strongly recommend the Harry Potter series as well. If you like crime/ forensics anything by Patricia Cornwell!! I have read all her books, but the best ones are those with Kay Scarpetta as the lead character. Cry the Beloved Country is an old book but gives a moving story of apartheid in South Africa. I am a bit of a Kennedy buff so I have read a lot of books about JFK but I found a book called The Last Patrician which is about Robert Kennedy and it was a fascinating read! Another book I recommend is Facing Down Evil by Clint Van Zant, who was profiler with the FBI. He writes about profiling and some of cases he worked on, such as the Branch Davidian complex in Waco, TX. You can usually get good synopses of books at Amazon.com or any of the book store websites to help you decide before you buy or go to the library. Happy reading!
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 12:14 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Wow, I must be the only person who hated the Twilight series, lol.

Some stuff I recommend:

-"The Art of Racing in the Rain". I just finished reading this and it was fantastic. Made me laugh, cry, and punch the book in anger. The story of a racecar driver's life, told from the perspective of his dog. So much better than it sounds.
    -"The Pillars of the Earth" (Ken Follett). Historical fiction, England in the 1100s. Fantastic historical drama, deep characters you really love/hate. Excellent.
    -"World Without End" (Follett). Sequel, takes place a hundred years later. Documents the Black Plage. The best drama/character soap opera I have ever read. Gripping.
    -"Labyrinth" (Kate Mosse). Historical fiction thriller, flashes back and forth between present day and the 1200s as an archeologist uncovers something controversial in France.

(cont)
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 2:53 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• -"The Godfather" (Mario Puzo). Sooo much better than the movie! Fiction, the rise of the Corleone family in the mafia. Very developed characters, gripping plot, chilling story. Makes my heart race every time I read it!
    -"East of Eden" (Steinbeck). Fiction, multigenerational family saga that mimics the Biblical fall of man and murder of Abel. Fantastic.
    -"The House of the Spirits" (Isabelle Allende). Historical fiction, a multigenerational family saga that takes place in Chile. Documents the development of the hacienda system, the rise of military regimes, the torture of the Disappeared, and the differences between social classes. Strong characters, strong story.
    -"The Thorn Birds" (Colleen McCullough). Historical fiction. A romance and family saga in Australia during the early 1900s. Epic.
    -"The Agony and the Ecstasy" (Irving Stone). Historical fiction, the life of Michelangelo. Excellent.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 2:58 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I completely agree with the PP. If you want to read a good grown up book, Twilight is not it. Pillars of the Earth and World Without End are great.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Aug. 21, 2009