What's going on???

Ok so here's my situation! I usually have a 30 to 33 day cycle. Most of the time i start on day 31 the latest ive ever started my period was the 33rd day ( and that was only one time) I am now on day36 and still no period! i took a pregnancy test today and it was negative. My breasts have been very sore all day today. I thought i was going to start my period b/c i cramped and cramped for days, then nothing happened! And now my boobs are sore! can anyone give me any idea of what might be going on? My hubby and i just started trying for a baby. But i don't think i should be preggo this fast, especially with a negative test! Do i need to call my dr.?? i have NEVER skipped a period before! Help!

Baileysmommy

Asked by Baileysmommy at 10:08 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Health

• Don't know if this will help you but with my first pregnancy, my home pregnancy test was also negative. But after 36 days it may be too soon to tell if you're pregnant or not. Don't try too hard. Relax and let it come naturally. Some times you can try too hard. Just relax. Good luck to you.
    kingharley

Answer by kingharley at 10:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• If you had any stress in the first half of you cycle (the follicular phase) that may have delayed ovulation and therefor delayed menstration.

Or sometimes women will naturally have an extra-long cycle, for whatever reason. I have a very long cycle (80 days) every six months.

Are you are on any type of hormornal contraception? That could be the cause of menstration delay.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 4:35 PM on Aug. 21, 2009