would you do this... even if he works for you?

So my 15 yo sister has a 19 yo boyfriend... he works for my parents and is a decent guy. For the month of august both he and the other guy that works for them (who is 16) are staying in a camper in my parents yard. It is easier for them all to leave in the early morning from one spot than meeting up later.

I dont think anything wrong about it, but my husband thinks it is inappropriate for her boyfriend to be living with the family even though it is in the yard and she is not allowed out there (she is such a goody two-shoes I honestly think she follows this rule but even if she didnt our brother the snitch would be on it and her a$$ would be grass)

What do you think... Would it be okay for your daughter's boyfriend to live with the family for work related purposes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• It depends on the kids - if they're responsible and trustworthy, I'd have no problem with it. Like you say...it's not like he's living IN the house - he's outside. I think it's great your parents are supportive of them.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 10:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• In this situation, I think it is okay. It's not like the parents are allowing this young man to sleep in the daughter's room! There is a purpose, and he is OUTSIDE...it would be inappropriate to me if he was in the house. As long as the parents are being watchful, and both the daughter and the boyfriend are respecting the rules of this arrangement, I see nothing wrong.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 10:39 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• If he were staying inside the house I"d say no not a good idea. But since he's outside in the camper, like another house, and there for a purpose, I think this is ok.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2009