What did YOUR doctor okay for medications while pregnant?

I'm just wondering, my printout guideline says it's okay for me to take tylenol, sudafed and any type of robitussin.

What did your doctor say?

I'm totally sick.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 10:46 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was told that all the things you listed were fine, and I took them while I was sick.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 12:18 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• my doctor told me tylenol was ok, even extra strength. just take it as directed on the package. I didn't ask about anything else when I was sick (I got at least 3 colds while I was pregnant). To cure the cold, I just ate some soup and slept really good .. It worked for me.
    Hope you feel better.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:49 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• yeah i slept maybe four hours last night and haven't eaten much today, too miserable
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• yea, all i could really eat was soup, and sometimes not even that. when I was prego, I was like prone to ANY cold .. I got them all. LOL. Call your doc and ask them what kind of medicine to take, they should tell you what is best. I had been getting really bad headaches which is why I asked because they were so bad, the light was hurting my eyes and I just wanted to cry. They tylenol helped so much. Helped me get through the crazy TWO jobs AND school AND graduation. I sleep when I'm sick, so I don't really take medicine, because, well .. I'm stubborn - lol.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I just listed above what my doctor told me i could take, i was wondering what other peoples doctors had said because i'd never of thought i could take sudafed.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:55 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I didn't know pregnant women could take sudafed or robitussin .. but then again, I only asked about the headache medicine.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• When I got really sick I was told to take regular strength tylanol to help headaches & fever, & then benadryl to help me relax & sleep & feel better. I was told NOT to take robitussin or sudafed or any other cold medicine (not even tylanol cold or tylanol pm or any of those). Most of those contain alcohol content, as well as other medicines that can also affect the baby.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 11:03 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• You can take both tylenol pm and benadryl to help you sleep. Sometimes when I've had like a week of horrible sleep a take a benadryl before bed. It usually keeps me out longer between potty breaks :) I was also told claritin is safe for allergies...just sayin. I haven't really needed any other drugs this pregnancy.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 11:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• He told me any type of tylenol was okay. even the PM type. He okayed bendryl for m since i have allergies, but i tried not to take it alot.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:17 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• i was told i could take benadryl for allergies and anxiety attacks (which i have both), tylenol for headaches, tylenol pm for sleep, tousin (but only the one for colds, never took that one) and dramamine for dizziness, nausea and such things. I took all 4 out of 5 listed above and it was ok. Obviously i wouldnt take them all together, but i would take the sleepy ones at night. My baby was more than healthy when she was born. 8 months later, and she's still healthier than i am.
    blank1104

Answer by blank1104 at 11:46 PM on Aug. 20, 2009