Birth Control options??

My dd is 26 and has 3 girls. She had gestational diabetes with her last child. Her dr told her birth control may trigger the diabetes again due to the hormones. Other than condoms, what else could she use? I suggest a tubal ligation, but she doesn't seem to interested in that! lol

robinann5

Asked by robinann5 at 10:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Health

• Surely I will give the oddball suggestion, but I have used NFP for ten years. I successfully conceived three children when I wanted and successfully avoided children, and still am. My youngest is 4 years old.

If you visit http://tcoyf.com/ you can review a couple chapters in the book and there are forums in which others are chatting about conceiving, avoiding, and all sorts of health problems, like PCOS and GD. It's really cool and my husband and I are so satisfied that we will never switch birth control methods.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 4:31 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• my mom uses spermicide shit. she buys it right at cvs and walgreens. i havent tried it yet though but she says it works.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• diaphram

Answer by rkoloms at 11:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• What about the copper IUD, it is hormone free and lasts 5 or 10 years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Aug. 21, 2009