Ok so, I watched a documentry on depression tonight. It is called Boy interupterd. It made me sad, but at the same time i thought it is interesting. Because I've delt with deppression, should I be worried?

I have always loved scary movies and have had a thing for learning about scary stuff, serial killers, just a weird thing i guess. Anyways I just want to make my daughter happy and don't want her to pre-think that she wants to be that way too. Does anyone understand what I am saying?

kate455

Asked by kate455 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I saw that same movie, too. I think the kid was actually bi-polar, not just suffering from depression, and at the time of his suicide, he'd been off of his medication for several weeks. Was, in fact, going to renew his prescription the following week.

If you feel suicidal, then you should seek help.

I am not sure what, exactly, you are asking in regards to your daughter, sorry.
    Guinhyvar

Answer by Guinhyvar at 11:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Umm... I've heard of "Girl Interupted" and that was about depression, and other things. Maybe you're talking about a different movie, but How is this movie a scary one?
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Are you saying you are worried that your daughter is either possibly genetically predisposed to mental illness (such as Depression or BPD) because you've suffered from it? Or are you saying that you're worried that your daughter might possibly be conditioned towards mental illness or preoccupation of what you described as "scary" or "weird" stuff because of your interest in scary movies etc?

(I'm just trying to understand the question better).

Boy Interrupted: http://festival.sundance.org/2009/film_events/films/boy_interrupted

Yes, he was Bi-Polar as the first poster already said.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Actually, just fyi, Girl, Interupted is the true life story based on the book of the same title by Suzanna Kaysen, she was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder which is a COMPLETELY different animal than Depression. I think she didn't agree with that diagnosis though, but I can't remember exactly and that is also very common for those with BPD to reject that diagnosis.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 12:11 AM on Aug. 21, 2009