wat's a baby to do???

so this have been bothering me for some time now, my brother in law n his baby mama has some issues arent together but he still uses her for sex. So thru this they had a baby n he didnt want to be there but she still comes by in hope that he can get him back. she seems depressed alot n now its seems like the baby is having some development issues, like he didnt learn to sit up unsurported until he turned 10 months n he learned to hold his own bottle at 12 months n now at 15 months he is barely learning to crawl but he is very stiff n he uses his toes to crawl by pushin against them...idk its very weird. But the mom is very clingy n sad alot n i think she is using the baby to confort her emotions cuz she holds him alot n doesnt let him really play on the floor or do nething he beind n alot, she is smothering him n she says the doc say he has no dev. issues but i think she is lying. Is this normal devlopment or am i going crazy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Kids' Health

• No you are not crazy and that baby has major development issues. It sounds like low tone, meaning low muscle tone. the crawling that you think looks wierd my physical therapist used the term military crawling and they do get stiff, and use their toes to push. Look at his toe nails, they could get deformed from this. Have him wear shoes. If she is holding the child all day, that is bad. The baby needs tummy time on the floor, with toys out of reach to encourage to move. The child is under 3 years old and there is a government agency that will evaluate the child, and send specialists to the home, to teach the mother to teach the baby. In some states it is called ECI. Call a physical therapists office and ask about the program in your state. It is on a sliding scale basis, so in some instances they will come out for free. Muscle tone also affects speech, and I am wondering how much he talks. You are not crazy.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 12:42 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• you can PM me with additional questions if you want.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 12:43 AM on Aug. 21, 2009