What are teething tabs? Are they okay to use?

I've heard about these teething tabs and I'd like to know more about them and if I should use them.

Asked by CatNKayla07 at 4:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Teething tabs as far as I know are those homeopathic little pills that desolve in the babies mouth. We used them for a little bit but I don't think they worked. I think you have to use them like religously for them to work like they're supposed to.

Answer by karma30 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I used those when my son was younger. They are just little tablets that dissolve in their mouth. I also didn't see a change in his pain. The idea is good... not so much return though...

Answer by TurksMommy at 4:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Like karma30 said, they are homeopathic, all natural teething tablets that dissolve in the child's mouth. They're completely safe. It was the only thing that eased my sons' pain when they were teething.

Answer by Mikala2659 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• We used orajel but it wore off so fast so we changed to teething tabs, which work faster, last longer, and its so nice to not get bit by baby molars while i spead stuff on her gums. Teething tabs are totally safe. You could also give a bit of tylenol if needed, helps with the pain too.

Answer by Ilovemybbgrl at 5:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Love this things, they are homeopathic and somehow they help, I highly recommend them

Answer by hmsfroggy at 7:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I used them on my daughter when she was teething because she was only 2 months old. I had to dissolve them in water first because her mouth was so tiny (she's on the small side) and slowly put it in her mouth. She would sleep better at night and she didn't cry as much. My boyfriend's parents decided to use oragel and it did not work as well and plus, its not recommended for children under 6 months old (so, I was really upset because they didn't ask my permission)

Answer by Babyduche at 12:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Most teething tablets have belladonna in them. Its a natural sedative. I decided not to use them because of that.

From Wikipedia:
    Atropa belladonna , commonly known as belladonna or deadly nightshade, is a perennial herbaceous plant with leaves and berries that are extremely toxic and hallucinogenic.

Answer by CallmeQ at 12:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I used teething tablets with my daughter when her teeth started coming in. They did work for her until the teeth where just about through and then tylenol and coldwash rags where the only thing that worked then.

Answer by mommastang at 8:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• LOVE THEM!!! i have no idea what's in them but they are awesome! 2 of them with some tylenol. (even when shes not teething and just feeling kinda gross they seem to help)

Answer by baboluchi56 at 3:00 AM on Sep. 2, 2008