Do you think the show the Wizards of Waverly Place promotes witchraft?

Harry Potter was the start of this wave why? Do you permit your Chrisian kids to watch it along with Fairly god parents? This is terrible tv shows for families where is the Cosby like Shows?

What is family friendly for Christians?

2mothershelpers

Asked by 2mothershelpers at 11:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes i think it is and i will not let my kids watch this just like waytruthlife said do not leave room for the devil that is just another show that the devil has made to get peoples eyes on magic and not God...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I blame Bewitched.

Or The Scarlet Letter. Witchcraft in literature/television/movies isn't new.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• While i dont like Waverly place, i dont think it's a bad show. I think it teaches kids some good lessons. Fairly Oddparents....i have no clue what the point is for that show. Isn't that a Nick show?
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:20 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• promotes? no. it's for laughs about funny introductory witchcraft. far more christian friendlly than the wicked witches in wizard of oz.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• oh please, there are worse things than that on tv. fairly oddparents is a nick show.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 11:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I let my dd watch this show although I am not a Christian I do limit what she watches if I feel it isn't appropriate.... however even though this show is about wizardry it has core values.... the kids in the show use magic but they suffer consequences for using it....and have to learn from their mistakes...
    orkibe3

Answer by orkibe3 at 11:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Definitely Shakespeare's fault. Or maybe that other book, with the guy who turned water into wine and walked on water and stuff.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I do not let my kids watch these shows for the fact being it is an open door.
    waytruthlife

Answer by waytruthlife at 11:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I see nothing wrong with that show. I don't think it promotes witchcraft. I think it is a cute show and I even watch it myself sometimes.
    Babydoll1015

Answer by Babydoll1015 at 11:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• *sigh* Once again, there is nothing wrong with witchcraft.

It is a religion, a set of beliefs, and it's one and only rule is "An' it harm none, do as ye will".

Shows like FairlyOdd Parents, Witches at Waverly Place, Charmed, and Bewitched are no more true representations of witchcraft than Grey's Anatomy is an apt representation of how doctors interact and hospitals are run.

Harry Potter and company are fictional characters in a fictional world. I don't know a single real live witch that flies on a broomstick and waves a wand and makes things blow up or disappear. It might be kinda cool... but.

It. Is. Pretend.

Make believe.

Fun.

Entertaining.

Just like the Cosby Show.

Guinhyvar

Answer by Guinhyvar at 11:28 PM on Aug. 20, 2009