NON-Traditional Baby names (twin girls)

I'm trying to come up with non-traditional names for twin girls. I like names that sound somewhat normal for a first name...so they don't get picked on...but totally different names for the middle. My DD is Michaelah Storm, for examble. The names we like so far are Mikenna November and Mikinzee Talyn. I like that they all start with "M," my older DD too. Also, November is me and my DH's bday month and our anniversary month. I just love the name Talyn.

I know a lot of people don't like names like that and I understand...but I'm looking for CONSTRUCTIVE criticism...not just people telling me I'm stupid...LOL.

If you don't like it...can you give a diff. MODERN suggestion for a middle name? Thanks!

NIKopotamous

Asked by NIKopotamous at 11:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What about Maren Rosa
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I have b/g twins and both their names start with Mar (Mark and Mariel) which has had some drawbacks. When their school's database program set up their computer accounts, the default was to use the first three letters of their first names and the first five of their last name. Well, you can see what happened there. That IT guy ran himself nuts trying to force the program to let him change the login so they could have separate passwords. With computers being more and more prevalent, it may be something to consider. You could still have the same sound, but vary the spelling slightly. Maybe spell Mikenna as Makenna.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 11:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I like the idea for twins where they have the same in. like d.t.(daneka torres) and d.t.(daniela torres)
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• ok gotcha. you're having twins but don't know sexes yet? could still be a boy and girl instead of same sex?

Why names that start with M?

My dh siblings all have the same middle name that stopped with my second.

Maikailia Maria or Maikallia Marie

Mekynzea (pronounced Mikenzee)

Mykeynzi

Maiia Mariyai

Milayia Marieah

Mileaya Meriah

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• RE: ANON 11:33

ACTUALLY, LOL, I'm getting ahead of myself. We just got our last fertility treatment Monday and my doc told me to prepare for multiples, just in case. So we are trying to come up with 2 names we like each, just in case. We hope to get pregnant in the next 3-5 weeks. :)

I already have a daughter Michaelah and I think Michaelah, Mikenna, and Mikinzee sound really cute together. Also, if we "nicknamed" them then we could call them Kayla, Kenna, and Kinzee.

ALSO, my DH's name is Kenny, so Mikenna would be named after him. I forgot to mention that earlier.
    NIKopotamous

Answer by NIKopotamous at 11:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• you knowi was walmart the other day and there was a lady with five kids and each had an odd name, rainbow, color, playboy .(not kidding), silver, and pole. really i have never heard of anyone using these words as names but if thats what the parents want then who am i to judge. in fact i kind of like silver
    Saberlilly

Answer by Saberlilly at 12:12 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• What the....

Nicole?

That's really random....
    Anyway as for your question, I really like the second name you listed. Are you having twins?
    YoucancallmeGod

Answer by YoucancallmeGod at 12:54 AM on Aug. 21, 2009