my son is very easily excitable

Everytimes he gets excited he screams and yells, and none of my friends kids his age do. In fact, my friend and her son who is 5 weeks older were here the other day and my son was screaming and yelling and her son was covering his ears and running from him.

Everytime he does it I tell him sternly 'no jackson we use our indoor voice inside' but this obviously isn't working. Anything else I can do? He's 15 months

pookipoo

Asked by pookipoo at 11:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter went through that phase too. I know it is annoying but he is just expressing himself and does not know how to contain his excitement. He'll grow out of it don't worry. You can keep reminding him to use his indoor voice, maybe he'll get the point quicker.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Okay thanks :] I figured it was normal but then when I noticed that none of his friends were doing it I wasn't so sure, so I decided to ask :]
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I think it is totally normal. When my daughter did that, I would just be excited along with her. I mean, why not? They are experiencing everything for the first time right now! :)
    squish

Answer by squish at 12:32 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• welcome to the terrible 2 stages, he will eventually calm down once hes around other children in a group setting , he's just expressing himself
    mememommie

Answer by mememommie at 12:36 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Thanks for being so nice ladies! I think I will get excited with him as long as he doesn't get into kindergarden and still think it's okay ;]
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:41 AM on Aug. 21, 2009