Should I just let it go or should I confront her?

So my husband had one of his friends over and his friends girlfriend came with him. I don't care for her at all. Well I leave make-up I use on a daily basis in the bathroom so it's quick and easy for me when I'm getting ready. Well she goes and uses our bathroom and when she leaves my make-up is gone. The only people that went in the bathroom besides me and my hubby was her. So I know she took it. It wasn't cheap make-up either. I searched my entire house before I said anything to my hubby. It was no where. Well my hubby felt bad and bought me new make-up because he knew how upset I was. I felt violated and pissed that I can't leave my stuff and my bathroom with worrying about it getting stolen. I want to confront her ,but my husband says leave it alone because he doesn't want his friend to feel responsible for what his girlfriend did. So what should I do let it go or confront her?

Babydoll1015

Asked by Babydoll1015 at 11:35 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am not sure. But, I would say she's not allowed over any more. Maybe someone else will have better advice. If you see her, you could bring it up casually in a conversation and say how odd it is that it was there on the bathroom counter and then gone...that will let her know she's been busted...
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 11:38 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Your lucky dh felt bad enough to replace makeup. Lots of men would just fight about it and stand up for friend.

Don't ask them over anymore. Get a babysitter, trusted person, and meet in public from now on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Let it go this time, even though I cant imagine how I would feel......IF she comes back, put your things in a quick basket and toss them under the sink. IF its missing again, Id have to stop her and search her purse before she leaves your house :) No, jk, but I wouldnt let it happen twice without me saying something to her.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 11:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• She is so not allowed in my house anymore! The make-up wasn't just laying on the counter either in was in the cabinet. I don't mind my husband's friend ,but his girlfriend I don't want see her period not in public or private.
    Babydoll1015

Answer by Babydoll1015 at 11:43 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I hope she gets pimples from using stolen make up! How rude! I would let it go and just hope I never had to be around her ever again!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• forget it !
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:55 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I am the kind of person that would confront her! Not in a mean way, but it is your stuff, what she did was wrong!!
    alyjax03

Answer by alyjax03 at 12:42 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• My intentions were not to confront her in a mean way ( well okay I did before I calmed down lol ). I just want to let her know I know what she did and I obviously don't apperciate it. It has nothing to do with what was stolen it's just the principle of it.
    Babydoll1015

Answer by Babydoll1015 at 12:46 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I would say don't let her in your house. Tell your husband's friend that she's stealing things from your house and while you enjoy his company, it's not okay for him to bring her anymore. If you're forgiving, then give her a second chance, but only after you've spoken to him about it. A friend's girlfriend thank god didn't steal anything but she was a royal bitch the first time I met her (we had a party and she refused to acknowledge the other guests, then had a fit when they spend 30 minutes playing a game she didn't like and asked if she could lay down in my bed). I've since spoken to our friend, told him about everything he was blind to and agreed to give her one more chance as long as he understands that if she can't respect me or my friends, she will be spoken to about it and be asked to leave immediately.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 9:30 AM on Aug. 21, 2009